A publication by the Western Region to highlight progress within the framework of the Cohesive Wildland Fire Strategy and demonstrations of successful implementation across the West. Read the entire newsletter here.
In this issue:
- Toward Shared Stewardship
- Where will the West’s Next Deadly Wildfire Strike?
- Flagstaff Watershed Protection Project – A Unique Approach to Funding Treatments on Federal Lands
- The Need for Increasing the Use of Prescribed Fire in the West
- How Communities are Increasing the Use of Prescribed Fire in the West
- Reducing Smoke Impacts in New Mexico
- Fire and Smoke…We Are In This Together
- Another Tool to Help Practitioners Understand, Plan and Implement Prescribed Fire
- Upcoming Learning Opportunities