Status: CLOSED (As of 6/19/20)
AWARD ANNOUNCEMENTS (Available 9/28/20)
CFSC announces 2020 SFA Grant Program awards
2020 SFA Grant Report FINAL (Click for awards list)
Synopsis of Grant Opportunity:
California Fire Safe Council (CFSC) is pleased to announce its competitive application process for 2020 State Fire Assistance (SFA) wildfire prevention grants. Funding is provided through a master grant to CFSC by the U.S. Forest Service to administer the Grants Clearinghouse program, with CFSC issuing subawards to successful applicants to support fire risk reduction activities by landowners in at‐risk communities to restore and maintain resilient landscapes and create fire adapted communities. Funds should be utilized for hazard mitigation competitive grants in the following categories:
- Hazardous fuels reduction and maintenance projects on non‐federal land
- Community Wildfire Protection Plans (CWPP) and other community hazard mitigation and planning
- Prevention and mitigation education and outreach opportunities for landowners and residents in at‐risk communities
Funding, Cost Share Requirement and Duration:
CFSC has approximately $1.4 million available for 2020 SFA wildfire prevention projects.
The mandatory cost share is 100%. Federal funding can account for up to 50% of the project’s cost and the remaining 50% must come from non‐federal sources and can include cash and/or third‐party in‐kind. For example, a $200,000 grant request will need to be matched with $200,000 or more from the applicant and partners.
|May 19, 2020||Webinar|
|May 21, 2020||Webinar|
|June 18, 2020 12 a.m. midnight PDT||Applications Due|
|September 2020||Award Announcements|
|October/November 2020||Award Letters Sent|
This grant program is funded in full by the U.S. Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Region under the terms of Grant number 19-DG-11052012-130. The opinions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Forest Service. California Fire Safe Council (CFSC) is committed to making its materials and programs accessible to all customers and employees. If you experience any difficulty accessing information provided by CFSC, please contact us at email@example.com or (916) 648-3600. We will do our best to assist you. This may include providing the information to you in an alternate format.
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) policy, CFSC is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs. CFSC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
To file a complaint of discrimination: write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C., 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
- Read the Request for Applications (RFA)
- 2020 GRANT APPLICATION HANDBOOK
- Contact your CFSC Staff member to discuss your project.
- 2020 CFSC Grant Program Webinar Slides
- Webinar Question & Answer Summary
- Webinar May 21, 2020 Recording “CFSC 2020 Grant Program Webinar May 21, 2020”
- Social hour with Executive Director Patty Ciesla 1:47- 28:35 minutes
- Formal presentation begins at 28:36 minutes
- Entire recording lasts 3 hours
- You can choose from audio only or shared screen with speaker view
- 2020 Grants Clearinghouse Award Workshop Registration
- 2020 Grants Clearinghouse Procedural Manual