- This event has passed.
UCANR Post- Fire Forest Resilience Workshop
September 27, 2022
An event every week that begins at 12:00 am on Tuesday, repeating until October 4, 2022
One event on October 13, 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on October 14, 2022 at 12:00 am
Register now for a California Post- Fire Forest Resilience Workshop
Online weekly Tuesdays, 6:00pm – 7:30pm, September 6th to October 4th and in-person field trips on October 12th, Thursday 13th, Friday 14th (attend one)
Learn about managing forestland after wildfire:
- Increasing disturbances in Sierra Nevada forests
- Post-wildfire issues: erosion, invasives, hazard trees, fuels
- Time frame and steps needed for reforestation
- Landowner support groups and financial assistance
- Safety and erosion control for the short and long term
- Dealing with dead trees/ salvage logging/ slash treatment
- Reforestation/seedling orders/ climate change/ planting
- Dealing with competing vegetation and on-going maintenance
- Getting professional help and cost-share opportunities
Participants will use online resources on their own time to complete learning modules and short activities. Zoom meetings with all participants and presenters will take place once a week on Tuesdays, 6-7:30pm. The focus is on recent fires in the northern / central Sierra Nevada. The in-person field trips will visit the Dixie, Caldor & Tamarack fires to see fire impacts, restoration needs and strategies and restoration projects on private and public lands.
Registration for the workshop is $25. Sign up now at:
For questions, contact Susie Kocher, email@example.com.