Status: Program Closed
Open to Apply Date: November 13, 2020
Deadline: NOW CLOSED (Closing Date: December 17, 2020)
Synopsis of Grant Opportunity:
California Fire Safe Council (CFSC) and California Volunteers/Listos are pleased to announce a joint collaboration to provide grants to communities throughout California in an effort to reach vulnerable communities with the Listos! Messaging of Emergency Preparedness through our “20 Listos Outreach Toolkits Program”. The objective of this program is to provide custom branded outreach equipment and supplies to Fire Safe Councils (FSC) and organizations working in their communities to assist residents with wildfire emergency preparedness and evacuation.
Equipment & supplies will be created and shipped to recipients. Stipend will be supplied upon invoicing from FSC/organization.
Included in Outreach Toolkit:
- 1 10 x 10 Pop Up Tent with CFSC, Listos and Local FSC/Org. branding
- 1 Retractable Sign with CFSC, Listos and local FSC/Org branding
- 1 Table Cloth/Banner with CFSC, Listos and local FSC/Org. branding
- 1 media toolkit including pre-written 7 designed social media ads, GIFS and animated images, eblast design and coding, and more
- Education Materials
- Home Hardening Brochure in English, Spanish or Mandarin (can ask for 1, 2, or all 3 languages)
- Defensible Space Brochure in English, Spanish or Mandarin (can ask for 1, 2, or all 3 languages)
- Listos Emergency Preparedness Guide
- Swag/Giveaways: 200 each item for each FSC/organization
- Logo Pens
- Rack Cards
- Silicone wrist bands
- Logo buttons
- Face masks
- AND MORE!
- Also – Custom lawn & leaf bag and scoop system
- Shipping of all equipment and supplies
- $3,000 Stipend suggested uses:
- Hire project managers
- Update or start a website
- Radio ads
- Develop branding materials
- Update or start new outreach materials
1 Outreach Toolkit, Listed Supplies and $3,000 stipend
Awards are made on a First Come First Served basis. The first 50 eligible applicants will receive the award.
Eligible applicants must be incorporated to do business in California such as Fire Safe Councils, Resource Conservation District or similar organizations and must serve vulnerable communities in California. Applicants are encouraged to partner with an entity that can act as a Fiscal Sponsor, if applicable.
Applicants are encouraged to secure 5,000 “engagements” utilizing the Listos Emergency Preparedness Guide and messaging, however this is a GOAL not a requirement.
Types of engagements may include social media posts, radio announcement, cable TV, PSAs, direct mailings, blog posts, website posts, and every “like” you receive is counted as an engagement.
Training on tracking and obtaining engagements will be provided by CFSC and Uptown Studios.
Open until filled. Final application deadline is December 17, 2020.
All work is required to be completed and reports submitted by April 30, 2021.
Equipment and supplies become property of the organization and do not need to be returned to CFSC.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: