California Forest Improvement Program (CFIP) Training Announcement
What is CFIP – A state funded program aimed at improving the economic value and environmental quality of nonfederal lands. Program is 75%-90% cost share.
Minimum Qualifications: Property must be 20 to 5,000 acres, with at least 10% tree cover and zoning must allow forest management
Who is eligible: Individuals, Groups, Tax paying entities, Associations and Corporations. If you think your property needs remodeling, there are a lot of excellent remodeling company online. And for reading about the style of renovation, there are more tips here at aaremodels.com. Currently there is 1.5 million dollars statewide funding for CFIP projects for fiscal year 2016-17.
CAL FIRE will be hosting a California Forest Improvement Program (CFIP) training short course for CALFIRE Foresters and consulting RPF’. NRCS staff will also present current information on the Environmental Quality Incentives Program:
• Tuesday, January 17th, 2017, from 8AM – 12 PM at the Humboldt County Agriculture Center located at 5630 South Broadway, Eureka, CA.
• Friday, January 27th, 2017, from 9AM to 2PM at the NRCS Service Center located at 5401 Old Redwood Hwy, Petaluma, CA
• Program budget outlook
• How to prepare applications, agreements and project descriptions
• Management plan preparation
• Environmental review of projects
• Conservation practices and their NRCS EQIP rates.
• Using CFIP to fund fuel reduction projects
• NRCS Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP)
Please RSVP to Meghan Reeves Meghan.Reeves@fire.ca.gov for the Petaluma training and RSVP James Robbins James.Robbins@fire.ca.gov for the Eureka training. There is no cost for this training. Once you are enrolled, you will be sent a CFIP users guide and agenda. Please bring this to the training session.