March 15, 2019
California Fire Safe Council (CFSC) and Edison International, parent company of Southern California Edison (SCE), are pleased to announce a joint collaboration to provide grants to communities in Southern California Edison service areas. The objective of this project is to provide small grants for community fire prevention and preparedness projects. Funding may be used to further enhance community projects such as: capacity building, community outreach/preparedness, and permit-ready hazardous fuel reduction projects. Successful projects are easy-start, easy-finish, with a simple closing report to document project success
Examples of projects may be in the following three priority areas:
- Capacity building for new or emerging Fire Safe Councils.
- Organizational infrastructure and/or equipment.
- Developing or acquiring fire safety educational publications.
- A community-area risk assessment to identify possible mitigation projects.
- Community workshops on Hardened Homes and/or Defensible Space.
- Help developing a CWPP after a community risk assessment is done.
Hazardous Fuel Treatment
- A chipper day or weekend for the community to chip brush and branches.
- Defensible space assistance for special needs populations.
- Permit-ready fuel treatments.
- Purchase of small equipment, such as chippers or chainsaws.
Other projects of this nature will be considered as well.
No project is too small. Maximum grant amount of $25,000.
Funded projects are required to be within SCE service areas. View the SCE service areas here .
No individuals or for-profit entities may apply.
Applicants are encouraged to collaborate with their local community-based Fire Safe Council or similar organization.
Open until filled. Final application deadline is April 15, 2019 at 5 p.m.
All work is required to be completed and reports submitted by September 1, 2019.
September 1, 2019.
Login at https://cafiresafecouncil.org/zoomgrantslogin/ to create a new account and select “2019 SCE Fire Safe Community Grants ” grant program to begin.
Or click below:Apply via ZoomGrants™
For more information contact: